Being Fearfully and Wonderfully Made
One of my motto’s for 2017 is “Living Out Loud.” This motto is a constant reminder to me that my life and my living is not in vain. As I have learned in this life, I have and will continue to make mistakes, but in no way, is my life a mistake, nor is your’s.
In this blog, I hope to give you some ways in which we who are in Messiah, may together be recharged and redirected toward living a lifestyle that is indicative of our espoused spiritual belief system.
I hope to also, encourage each of you who have faithfully; followed me via the many blogs, educational videos and other social media sites, to join with me in rededicating ourselves to our spiritual faith and tradition throughout this 2017 year.
While on this earth, we all have a divine purpose that is to not be hidden, but to be boldly lived out loud in a very real and practical way! God has fearfully and wonderfully made each human being, thus we have this lifetime to discover and demonstrate why He entrusted us with such a profound responsibility!
For Thou didst form my inward parts; Thou didst weave me in my mother’s womb.
I will give thanks to Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Wonderful are Thy works, And my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from Thee, When I was made in secret.
Some very real and practical ways to “Live Out Loud!”
- Develop and maintain a spiritual Kingdom perspective in every area of your life. Each human-being regardless of faith system or not, are living between two absolute realities: The first and second Advents of Jesus The Messiah. Mankind’s created world system is not the same as the Kingdom of God thus the laws governing both are so very different. Trust me on this one, “If you are to error, it is far better to error on the side of God than that of man!”
- Expect to have to experience and eventually overcome, your greatest fear! Suffering, illness, various expressions of being lost, even the greatest fear [death] are to be our lifelong companions on this side of life. There is no escaping these realities if you are flesh and blood.
- Learn and then practice how to encounter The Living Creator throughout each day. Our very spiritual life depends upon the development and the daily, moment by moment empowerment of us having a strong, consistent prayer lifestyle where we willfully, encounter and submit to the will and power of the Most High. It is our time to practice active listening while being silent before our Creator.
- Seek and Demand Shalom [Peace] The easiest means of obtaining inner peace is by the removal of all ungodly distractions that will hinder your spiritual development, growth and moral responsibility.
- You must develop and maintain a daily Biblical study discipline. In an effort to express your faith in your life, one must know what the Word of God states! Each of us are and will be held responsible for the level of spiritual Light that God has revealed to us. We are commanded to study and to grow in wisdom and knowledge in biblical and spiritual matters. Upon obtaining this spiritual Light, we are to completely submit our will and allegiance to God.
- Develop and surround yourself to seasoned, mature and wiser Godly individuals. All of us at one time or another, take ourselves far too serious. We often-times believe that we cannot be told what to do and that we have arrived. We are and will be needing someone who is far wiser and supportive in our lives, sooner than later!
In closing, it is my deepest prayer that each of us learn how to become and express in this world, the spiritual virtues and disciplines of God, right here on earth. I wish the very best that our Creator has for you and your household, until the next time:
Grace and Peace
Alonzo E. Thornton
In loving partnership with Pastor Barry and Janice Stewart:
Feel free to check out my “Living Out Loud” Broadcasts: