In their book, Healthy for Life, authors Williams and Knight say health consists of an individuals ability to attain well-being in five areas:
1. Physical Health The ability to carry out daily tasks, develop cardiovascular fitness and muscular strength and agility, and maintain proper nutrition and body fat.
2. Mental or Psychological Health The process of using your mind to create a greater understanding and appreciation of yourself, others and your environment, involving the ability to learn and to think rationally.
3. Emotional Health Our feelings and thoughts. An awareness and acceptance of our own feelings and the feelings of others. Concepts include self-esteem, love, and empathy.
4. Social Health Our ability to interact with other individuals and social environments. The ability to develop and maintain intimacy with specific others and respect and tolerate those with different opinions and beliefs.
5. Spiritual Health Trust, integrity, and ethics. The process of creating and discovering meaning and purpose in life.
Living Our Loud
This weekend activity was a powerful demonstration of Love for the community of Gresham Park and it’s greatest investment, the children and their families. The outdoor play station is just one of the act of kindness on the part of many, who honesty believe and have committed to “Living Out Loud” the proverb, “It Takes a Village to Raise a Child.”
On behalf of DeKalb County, the many sponsors and financial supporters to this project, the volunteers who labored through rain, mud and the warm rays of the Raising of the Sun, to make this one of the most wonderful events that I have participated in this year.
Very special thanks and much needed support from LaPass Production: https://twitter.com/LaPassProd
LaPass Production permitted me to be one of three contracted photographers on assignment for this project.
Grace and Peace