And it was now about the sixth hour,
and Darkness fell over the whole land until the ninth hour,
the Sun being obscured...
Luke 23:44-46, cf. Matt. 27:45-46
Into Thy Hands, I Commit My Spirit
Centuries ago, around the hours of 12 noon through 3 pm, arguably the most important and life-changing solar eclipse happened in all history. A Jewish Rabbi who was God’s Chosen One, lost His life at the hands of both the Jewish religious leaders and the state of Rome. His formal charge: claiming to be the Son of God, The Messiah, and Insurrection against the Roman government.
Yeshua Ben Yosef of Natzeret [Jesus son of Joseph of Nazareth] very last words on the cross during this total eclipse was: “Father, into Thy Hands I commit My Spirit.” And having said this, He breathed His Last.
Benefits of Walking in the True Light
As was the case in 33 AD is no different in 2017! Many do not believe that Jesus is the Messiah, God’s Chosen One from above. Yet for as many as have chosen to not believe Jesus as Lord, there are millions worldwide that do. Nevertheless, let me draw your attention to some of the wonderful life-changing benefits that those who follow Messiah as Lord, are now benefactors of because of His death on the cross.
- Expiration: Our past, present and future sins/guilt are removed.
- Propitiation: God’s righteous wrath is now removed from our accounts.
- Reconciliation: We are no longer alienated from God due to sin.
- Redemption: We who believe and follow Messiah are freed from various forms of captivity because His death was a payment for each human soul. [Thus Messiah being the Son of Man]
- Last, Power over Darkness: His death on the cross was the final victory over the power of Darkness and evil.
I thank God for Messiah being the Light of this world. In all of the current evil and darkness, it is so very easy to lose one’s way. Howard Thurman quoted that “To walk in the light while darkness invades, envelopes, and surrounds is to wait on the Lord.”
May God continue to bless you and keep you in His Perfect Peace and Eternal Love!
Grace and Peace
Brother Alonzo E. Thornton