In all of this life’s tragedies,
none is greater,
not even death itself, than for any human,
to callously become conditioned to cease from Loving.
In the ever-growing, never-ending tragedies that we are facing, there really are only two possible responses. One is that you can lose all hope and faith, even stop believing that there is a God in the midst of these atrocities. Or you can perform your own personal inventory, assessing ways in which these tragedies, national disasters, and other recent catastrophes if discerned appropriately, can revolutionize your life. Below, there are ten very practical and life-changing disciplines that you and I can learn and practice for the duration of our lives in every possible situation.
- Develop, practice, and maintain a balanced and healthy prayer life.
- Make Biblical and spiritual study/development your primary daily discipline.
- Work diligently on finding things in your life that you can be thankful for.
- Learn how to forgive those who have hurt or damage you, while forgiving yourself.
- Know and accept the reality that you have the on-going ability to sin and experience moral failure.
- Ease up on yourself by taking yourself so seriously.
- Be willing throughout your day, to help others, chiefly those individuals you do not know.
- Hate everything that is Evil.
- Set your affections on things that are above, not on things that are earthly.
- Tell those whom you know and care for, that you Love them.
Grace and Peace